Monday 25 April 2016

Nant Whiskey Cellar & Bar, Salamanca Tasmania


As we stayed just above Salamanca, we easily strolled through the area and ended up at Nant - whisky cellar & bar after a leisurely lunch.  It looked very inviting, with its beautiful decor and inviting ambience, and of course, we took up that invitation.


Not being a whiskey drinker, l was weary as to what I could have here. There are a few choices that don't have whisky but I noticed they had something I enjoy and decided to choose the affogato- coffee infused whisky with whisky flavoured ice cream and espresso coffee - the coffee infused scotch was divine, they sold me on it!  Unfortunately, it's not for sale; they make it on site, where they drip feed whisky through the coffee. Means I'll have to go back!


My companion who enjoys whisky had the American oak sherry barrel 43% scotch - and enjoyed that.  They have whiskey tasting available if you want to try some of the award-winning Nant whiskies.

                     

It's a beautiful place just to sit and relax. I love the ambience of this bar, when we were there it was somewhat empty but it does come to life at night. I do prefer the quieter times, though. Make sure you put it on your list of places to check out.

No comments: